Saturday, September 20, 2008

10 weeks...or 1/4 of the way!

Well we both had stuff going on this morning so we didn't do a 10 week picture, but I don't think much has changed in the tummy department anyway.  Although the past few weeks have seemed to go by really slowly for me, it hit me pretty hard that I'm already a quarter of the way through this thing!  It's kind of crazy to think about it that way.  April still seems like such a long time from now though.  We still have the holidays to get through and Easter is even supposed to come before the baby is due.  Seems like a really long time from now!

Just so you all know, we do intend on finding out the sex of the baby which we will let everyone in on, however we've decided to keep the name a secret until the baby is born.  My dreams have never meant too much so I don't put too much stock in them, but I've been having a lot of girl dreams lately.  I guess we've got another 10 weeks to go before we find out!  I think that puts us finding out right around Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday cause of the FOOD!!!).  I'll be in the best part of the pregnancy from what I've been told at that time so I'll probably eat a whole turkey and pan of stuffing by myself...I can't wait!  The fact that I can even talk about food and be excited about it instead of repulsed by it tells me that I'm pretty much past the worst parts of nausea.  I still get little waves here and there but nothing like it was a few weeks ago.  

So I'm hoping that the next two or three weeks go by quickly.  We've told quite a few people but haven't exactly made the pregnancy "public" knowledge yet.  I still want to get through the first trimester before taking that final leap.  I'm also hoping that the exhaustion will taper off and that I'll get that second trimester surge of energy that everyone tells me I'll get.  As for now, all I want to do is sit on the couch or sleep!

Well that's it for now.  Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Blass Family said...

So about that whole dream thing I had dream of a little girl named Abbie when I was prego with her, before finding out she was a girl. so when I found out I new I had to name her Abbie. You never know sometimes your dreams can tell you something!LOL

Jennie said...

(Hi, Mandy. I found your blog through your link on the God's Timing board on BBC)

LOL re: eating a whole turkey. By that point, I'll probably have such awful heartburn that I won't be able to eat much of anything. It was that way last year too (my crazy life).

I'm sure you'll enjoy blogging your journey. I'm very excited for you. God's timing is perfect. I pray He blesses you with an uneventful, full-term pregnancy that results in a healthy baby! (I've learned to not take any of that for granted)

Anonymous said...

oh, it'll fly by! Enjoy every moment. April will be here before you know it. I would actually get a pregnancy journal if you haven't already. I still enjoy looking back on mine..reminiscing. Anyways, love the picture!